Website Made In Baltimore
Position Title: Made In Baltimore Marketing and Communications Manager- FTE
Reports To: Made In Baltimore Director
Salary range is $55,000 – $65,000/yr. w/benefits. This is a full-time grant funded at-will
position; position will remain in place as long as funding is available.
Applications accepted until filled
The Baltimore Development Corporation (BDC) is the economic development agency for the
City of Baltimore. Our mission is to grow the city’s economy in an inclusive manner by retaining,
expanding, and attracting businesses and promoting investment. Thereby increasing career
opportunities for residents.
The Made In Baltimore program (MIB) supports and promotes makers and manufacturers in
Baltimore City and promotes the concept of “buying local” as a means of reinvestment in our
BDC is committed to a more equitable economy by supporting minority and women-owned
businesses and promoting investment in neighborhoods that have been negatively impacted by
institutional racism and/or generational poverty. We develop strategies and facilitate
collaboration among our partners to intentionally create an include and equitable economy.
General description of work
The Made In Baltimore Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and executing a
robust, multi-platform marketing and communications plan for the Made In Baltimore program
and storefront. The primary role of the manager is to generate awareness of the campaign and
affiliated businesses making products in Baltimore City, with the goal of getting more
Baltimoreans to ‘buy local’.
The ideal candidate has experience crafting and executing multi-platform marketing and
promotional campaigns with clear goals and expected outcomes; is well versed in graphic and
web design software; is capable of tracking and reporting marketing metrics; stays up to date on
social media tools and trends; has photography and videography experience; has an interest in
current styles and trends in the fashion, design, and food worlds; is creative, energetic, and
works well on a small team.
The Marketing Manager is a creative position that will work closely with the Executive Director to
be the voice of the Made In Baltimore platform.
● Develop and execute exciting marketing campaigns that feature MIB member
businesses and increase awareness of the MIB program (2 campaigns per year)
● Project manage creation of the bi-annual MIB Lookbook
● Maintain program website www.madeinbaltimore.org, including regular updates to home
page, blog page, member directory, and updates of ‘evergreen’ content. Manage
communication and troubleshooting with website service contractors. Track relevant
metrics and provide quarterly reports to Executive Director.
● Manage and develop content for all MIB social media channels, and manage spending
on paid advertising within. With Executive Director, develop and execute strategies to
grow audience following based on agreed upon targets. Track relevant metrics and
provide quarterly reports to Executive Director.
● Create and implement spending budget for paid advertising
● Track data on marketing outreach and create quarterly reports
● Compile and distribute weekly email communications to members (businesses) and
subscribers (general public)
● Coordinate at least 4 public events per year, meant to increase public awareness of
Made In Baltimore and member businesses. Events may include but not be limited to
pop-up shops, tours, screenings, and networking events.
● Work with third-party media contractors (photographers, videographers, designers) to
create MIB marketing materials, including video PSAs and the MIB Lookbook
● Oversee work of marketing interns
● Achieve earned media for Made In Baltimore programs by issuing press releases and
engaging local media representatives. Target goal of four significant media stories per
● Other duties as assigned
Job duties are subject to change as directed by management.
This is a salaried, benefited, at-will position, and work is performed as required to complete
assigned projects, and may require extended hours beyond a conventional workweek.
– 2+ years of experience in marketing/communications
– Experience managing social media channels for businesses or non-profits
– Strong written, oral, and visual communication skills
– Strong graphic design skills
– Design portfolio required
– Knowledge of the Baltimore maker scene a plus
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and design portfolio to Andy Cook at
email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
BDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a more equitable economy through
employment, supporting minority- and women-owned businesses and promoting investment in
neighborhoods that have been negatively impacted by institutional racism and/or generational
poverty. We develop strategies and facilitate collaboration among our partners to intentionally
create an inclusive and equitable economy.
BDC does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender,
gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry),disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or
military status, in any of its activities or operations.