HEX Ferments makes kombucha, sauerkrauts and kimchis in Baltimore. We’re looking for a person that appreciates the traditional craft behind our nutritious and delectable offerings and enjoys sharing what we make. This position is part-time and works one weekend farmers market shift, Sundays at the FreshFarm DuPont Circle Farmers Market in DC.
Farmers markets are where our business began and allow us to meaningfully engage with our customers. We have been vendors at the FreshFarm DuPont Circle Farmers Market for 7 years. The DuPont market is our busiest market and the largest in our region. Every Sunday, year-round, sun, rain, snow and all weather in-between the market persists, and so do its vendors and patrons. We love being active participants in the community this way!
Farmers market experience is not required – We will train you! However a good attitude, accountability, desire to learn, reliable, self motivated (you are working alone) and a good communication skill set is paramount. This is a great part-time job for someone who is looking to get out in the world, and is activated by being outdoors, with people and using their braun and brain. Passionate about fermented foods and local goods and/or aspires to learn more about fermented foods and our diverse grower/producer community.
Requirements of this role are but not limited to:
- Available Sundays from 6am – 4:30pm (this is a year-round market)
- Driver license (you will be driving a company vehicle).
- Physical requirements: ability to lift 40 pounds, stand for long periods of time.
- Okay with being in the natural elements from ~7:15am until ~1:30pm, driving to DC and driving back from DC to Baltimore and unloading.
- Customer Service – You are the face of HEX Ferments! You enjoy talking with people, sharing what we make and do at HEX Ferments, to make a sale and upsell. Deliver and assist with completion of vendor sales and invoices.
- Unloading and cleaning up upon return from the market.
- Enjoys problem solving on the fly and being challenged
- Values respectful and clear communication with patrons, fellow vendors, co-workers and owners.
- Position starts at $20/hour, payday is every Friday via direct deposit.
- Plus bi-annual farmers market bonus.
- Consistent hours (Market operates year-round, every Sunday with the exception of some holidays).
- 50% off HEX Ferments
- Healthy and respectful work environment, opportunities for growth!
To apply please email: firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you think you are suited, along with a resume and three professional references. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
HEX Ferments is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are an inclusive workspace. Our kitchen is free of intolerance, racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, or oppressive attitudes and behavior.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com